To remove nail varnish yourself, you will need, nail varnish remover (acetone) cotton bud sticks, paper towels, water, blunt knife and a cotton white towel.
“DO NOT SCRUB” in fact you never scrub any stain, scrubbing ruins the appearance of the carpet
even if you successfully remove the stain.
- First of all if there is a lot then use a blunt knife to take off the excess, try your best to lift out the nail varnish rather than scrape, you could use 2 blunt knives this way or a blunt knife and some paper towel, just make sure your careful not to spread the varnish,
- Next you will need patience and a lot of cotton buds, gently tease off the nail varnish using cotton buds dipped in acetone
- Once all nail varnish has been lifted, blot the area with a damp paper towel
- Iif there is any colour left you can wet the paper towel with acetone and press down on the stain to emulsify and lift
- Once you are getting no more colour transfer on to your towel you will not remove anymore, now you need to flush out the acetone,
- Spray area with water and blot, repeat until you feel there is no more acetone left in the carpet.